Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Project #6 (C4K Summary for February)

For project #6 I'll be summarizing my interactions with other younger students through their blog! This will be my first interaction with younger students from around the world. The project that Dr. Strange has assigned to our EDM 310 class is called C4K, which simply means Comments for Kids! I think the goal of this project is to utilize technology to reach out to teachers and students to get a better insight on how they interact in their classrooms and submit their thoughts to their blogs. Encouraging comments for kids will introduce students to the power of communication all over the world through blogs. It teaches kids to take pride in their work by creatively jotting down their thoughts and giving ideas to their peers for feedback. I'll be posting some interesting comments shared with my C4K students to my blog. I'm very excited to share the student’s reactions to my comments on their blog posts!
Imagination


C4K #1- "All About Me" By: Jamie O. a student from Ms. Toal's 4th/5th grade class.

Summary of Comment:

Hey Jamie,

My name is Ryan Knight, I'm 28 years old. I'm a student at the University of South Alabama. I'm studying to become an Elementary School teacher, like your teacher Ms. Toal in the future. I'm a student in a class called EDM 310, we have a class blog were you can read about many projects the class is creating. Your blog was really fun to read because you provided good details on your favorite sport. I like how you demonstrate being a team player by not being greedy with the football. I never played football before but I enjoy watching my younger brother play basketball. He plays for the Sacramento Kings in the NBA. What's the highest amount of points have you scored in one game? I encourage you to keep practicing your football skills; you'll become a great player! Keep up the good work!

C4K #2- "What would you do if you were locked inside your favorite department store overnight?" By: Mary a student in Mrs. Caddy's 5th grade class.

Summary of Comment:

Hey Mary!

My name is Ryan Knight; I'm a student in a class called EDM 310. I attend the University of South Alabama, studying to become a future Elementary School teacher. In our class we are studying numerous of ways to utilize technology and to communicate with other individuals from around the world! My instructor, Dr. Strange, assigned me to your blog to get an insight of the fun and creative assignments you’re engaging in within your blog. I really enjoyed reading your post on being locked in a department store overnight. My favorite part is when you stated that you would shake up soda pops and put Mentos in them to make rockets. That would be pretty awesome to see how high it would shoot into the air! If I was locked in my favorite department store I would try so many clothes and shoes! I love fashion, so I would use my imagination to create a runway as I try on different clothes. I will definitely take pictures too to show my friends once I go home! Do you enjoy using your blog? This will be my first year creating a blog, so far I love it! Technology is so awesome, a great source of communication. Keep up the good work!

C4K #3- "Kamo had a Dream" By: Kyree a student from Ms. Ruiz's 3rd period.

Summary of Comment

Hey Kyree,

My name is Ryan Knight. I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I’m studying to become an Elementary School teacher, like your teacher Ms. Ruiz's in the future. I’m a student in a class called EDM 310, we have a class blog were you can read about many projects the class is creating. Your blog was really fun to read because you provided good details on what your ideal dream would be if it were to become realistic. I like how you provided a distinctive description of how you would like your exotic house to look inside and outside. I also noticed your statement on being rich instead of famous. I totally agree with you on this statement. I think being famous is a lot of responsibility. Always being in the public eye can sometimes be a hassle. To live comfortably and not have to worry about what others think of you would be my idea dream. Keep up the good work!

C4K #4- "Mixtape" By: Gullie a student from Mrs. Long's 10th grade class.

Hey Gullie,

My name is Ryan Knight. I’m a student at the University of South Alabama. I’m studying to become an Elementary School teacher in the near future. I’m a student in a class called EDM 310, we have a class blog were you can read about many projects the class is creating. Your blog was really interesting to read especially when you distinguished your interests in mix tapes. I think there are varieties of different artists that have very meaningful songs that are out now. My favorite genres to listen to are R&B, Pop, and Rap. I also enjoy listening to a mixture of music in my spare time. I think you’re very interested in the music industry, I think if you stay focused there are numerous of opportunities that are out there for you in the future. Keep up the good work!

Overview

I was thrilled to be able to read the various students blogs that I was assigned to. I noticed how each of the students was able to share their thoughts and interests in some of their posts which made them stand out compared to the other students. I think this method is a creative way to interact with other students from around the world and learn other interesting ideas that students are learning within the classroom.
Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment