Tuesday, February 4, 2014

C4T #1

For my first C4T, I'll be featuring Steve Wheeler blog: Learning with ‘e’s. I'll be sharing some interesting facts and sharing our interaction through comments.

C4T Comment

"Backchannels, hashtags and learning," discusses how the usage of technology has enhanced learning. Mr. Wheeler allows former college students to embrace how technology has impacted their lives. The students were able to provide how technology has progressed in their lives and how social networks provide useful links to retrieve important information. One student describes how he uses a laptop software called "dragon" to verbally speak his thoughts to the computer and it translates it to text. This blog post helps you to understand how technology is used through various sources to expand the thoughts of other individuals.

My Response

In response to Mr. Wheeler blog post I introduced myself and shared links to my blog as well as the class blog with him. I provided information about the EDM course and how it was mandatory to gain knowledge that we have to become independent learners. Mr. Wheeler was also informed that I'll be featuring some of our comment interactions on my blog. I also let him know that I enjoyed reading his post and I plan on utilizing social networking to my advantage and explore the use of blogging my thought in the future.

C4T Comment/Response

The second post I had to opportunity to check out Mr. Wheeler blog post, "Memory Full". He discusses how the human memory works in different modalities, through auditing and visual coding. Mr. Wheeler provide a great example of how learners can be given content on a screen and based upon how effective the material presented to the student results in how easy it is for the student to learn the material. This post provided some great facts on how to help learners understand and remember materials in the future.

For my comment, I informed Mr. Wheeler that his blog provided a great insight on how the Cognitive Load Theory can create such an impact on students learning. It was a great way to provide learners with the appropriate media for higher order learning. I also let Mr. Wheeler know that I think the student should be encouraged to use their limited working memory efficiently, especially when learning a difficult task. Upon thanking Mr. Wheeler for providing ways to reduce over thinking, I informed him that I finally finished his post for my class blog and I'll be featuring his blog posts in my blog.
Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment