Saturday, January 18, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

Upon entering EDM 310 I heard a lot of negative comments. The comments consisted of: the class is time consuming and it's hard and you may want to take that class by itself. Others stated that they hated the class and they were glad that it was over and wished me the best of luck this semester. I think the workload is demanding in this class but once I get in the routine of what's expected of me in the class and ask questions then the class should be very informative.

The only fear I have with EDM 310 is not fully understanding the tools that will be used with completing the daily tasks that are assigned to the class. I also dread if I'm unsure of an assignment and ask for help and I get ignored.
nail biter


EDM 310 compared to other courses taken in my past semesters is definitely different, an eye opener. In EDM you have to be organized daily, the same amount of time in class is valuable. The information you gather in class will help you to prepare you for the next assignment being given to help further your studies. The technology part of this course is also a big attribute in the field of education. EMD 310 will provide ways to use technology to engage other individuals on learning new material, allow the students to reflect on the information learned at the end of the course. Other courses are somewhat similar to EDM 310 due to usage of computers and studying the material to pass the course.

The most difficult thing that I will encounter while in EDM 310 is balance with my school and work load. If I keep things organized and done on time I should be able to succeed in this class. The best way for me to address the difficult aspect of EMD 310 is staying positive and push myself to do the best I can no matter how hard the class may seem. I don't have any questions for this class, but I am eager to learn ways to incorporate the knowledge taught in this class and to share with others.

3 comments:

  1. "I also dread if I'm unsure of an assignment and ask for help and I get ignored." I don't think that will happen. If you are ignored, call me at 251-610-2599.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Dr. Strange. I don't think it is possible to be ignored in this class with all of the contact information that is available to us in the syllabus. You said the most difficult thing for you this semester will be balancing school and work load. I am not sure if you were referring to work as in a job, but that is definitely my struggle right now. Thankfully I work somewhere that is extremely flexible with my school schedule, and I can take off whenever I need to. My school work load, however, takes away from time at work leaving me with smaller paychecks. So, I understand where you are coming from on that subject.

    ReplyDelete