Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Blog Post #3

How can you provide meaningful feedback to your peers without coming off as rude? Peer editing consists of helping someone your age, improve or revise their writing. After viewing the information from sources: "What is Peer Editing?", "Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial" and "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes" I was able to point out one important key factor to keep in mind while editing, is to stay positive! When making suggestions on an individual's writing make sure the information is clear and detailed. Peer editing can be very helpful, but if not done correctly, your peer can take it personally. There are three steps to remember when peer editing which are: making compliments, suggestions and corrections. This method will help the reader feel better about their writing instead of pointing out all of their mistakes.
Editing


Peer editing is definitely something that makes me nervous! By using the steps mentioned in the material I can avoid these issues. Now that I've been provided with the proper materials to succeed I feel like I would be able to successfully help my peers in the near future. Peer editing is a very helpful method to use in EDM 310, allowing me to practice with my peers to become a better critique. I’ve learned that you should care about what is being edited and the comments you are receiving. You should strive to be positive and be specific. As future educators we must be able to critique other students work and help guide them to become better writers.

1 comment:

  1. You'll have plenty of practice this semester with peer editing! Keep in mind what you have learned with this assignment.

    ReplyDelete