Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Ryan Knight. I’m 28 years old, the oldest of my six siblings. I was born in Mobile, AL and mainly raised in Birmingham, AL after I graduated from middle school. In Birmingham I attended Jefferson State Community College, majoring in Elementary Education and working at a daycare center called Patty Cake Academy. After completion of the Junior college I took a break in completing my education due to family issues causing me to further put my education I hold. I moved back to Mobile two years ago due to me getting ill. I'm currently a Junior at South Alabama continuing my studies in Elementary Education while working as a part-time teller at Wells Fargo. My family members are CHARACTERS; there is never a dull moment in our house. I have two brothers (DeMarcus and Jaleel) and three sisters (Jesslyn, Jessica and Auriel). Momentarily I live with my mother who I adore, a great role model in my life who always reminds me to stay humble and true to myself.

The main reason I entered the field of education is my family and the fact that I love to be around children. Majority of my family members are educators. My grandmother was a teacher and aunt is currently a principal at W. B. Robbins Elementary School. The guidance and continuance to further my education from the educators in the family pushed me to become a great role model in other children of various walks of life.
Children


As a student at South Alabama I rarely have any free time but outside of working and school I enjoy surfing the internet on the latest fashion trends and shopping (my addiction). I love to mix and match different prints and try to set “new” trends. I’ve always been told I have a special gift in styling but I’m still trying to figure out if I should pursue some of my energy in that field or not. I want to get better at not letting stressful situations get me down, sometimes I become so overwhelmed that I get to myself and don't want to be bothered. I'm learning now that if I take it one day at a time and plan ahead things will work out, if not then as long as I tried my best then that's all that matters. One interesting fact about me is that I once modeled for Project Runways designer Ken Lawrence in Birmingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment