Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Blog Post #10

What can we learn from Sir Ken Robinson?

After watching Bring on the Education Revolution, Mr. Robinson provided a brief overview of the climate crisis obviously on human resources. Fundamentally as individuals we make poor use of our talents. Mr. Robinson explains how people think that they aren't good enough at anything so they settle for something else than to challenge themselves.
Leaders
I can testify to this statement, I once had a fear of not being able to distinguish what my passion was; I had the mindset to work and move up within the company I'm working for rather than challenge myself and use the unique talents I have for children in the field of education. This issue has been resolved, now that I've found out my passion for educating and inspiring children. Mr. Robinson made a great point when he stated that if people don't enjoy what they do, they endure it. Everything in life doesn't come easy; society needs to rise with the occasion. As educators, it's important to create new solutions to better understand our students and their interests. Aiming for student achievement, teachers will need create strategies to bridge the gap different worlds the students operate in. Understanding students is very important to teaching. In order to plan how to teach your students or ways to present a subject in an interesting manner a teacher needs to know what motivates the students, what background the students are bringing to the classroom, as well as the students interests. Mr. Robinson stated education should be an organic progress, allowing students to explore their aspirations is a great way for them to discover their hidden talents and express it creatively. My goal as a future educator is to get to know every student, to make them feel like they matter and their opinions are valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment