Monday, March 10, 2014

C4T #2

For my second C4T, I'll be featuring Royan Lee's blog: The Spicy Learning Blog. I'll be sharing some interesting facts and sharing our interaction through comments.

C4T #1 Comment/My Response

"Comfort with a Blank Page,"discusses how student need to get really good with the use of a blank page. Mr. Lee provided great facts on how students being able to embrace there thoughts on paper are more likely to: plan well, appreciate complexity, like solving problems and are reflective. Mr. Lee points out how he can contribute to helping the students obtain this knowledge by providing sketchbooks, teach handwriting, teach students to draw ironically as opposed to realistically, share and present visual art are just some of the few he listed. His approaches gave a different insight on how he chooses to introduce lessons to his student.

In response to Mr. Lee's blog post I introduced myself and shared links to my blog as well as the class blog with him. I provided information about the EDM course and how it was mandatory to gain knowledge that we have to become independent learners. Mr. Wheeler was also informed that I'll be featuring some of our comment interactions on my blog. I also let him know that I enjoyed reading his post and I plan on gathering information trying to incorporate the usage of blank paper within my future classroom.

 Evaluation
C4T #2 Comment/My Response


For my second post I was able to check out Royan Les's blog post, "What makes a Teacher Credible?" He discusses how he allowed his students to evaluate the importance of a persuading an audience. Mr. Lee provided examples of how the students responded to watching the debates on climate change with Bill Nye, the students stated hoe talking calmly rather than hyper or angry is more of a persuasive way to get their point across.

For my response, I informed Mr. Lee that his blog provided great points on how engaging an audience can be easily influenced by positive gestures and being confident in the material that's being presented. I also let Mr. Lee know that allowing students to provide their feedback allows them an opportunity to see positive/negative ways to keep an audience involved and learn from those lessons. I also informed Mr. Lee that I would be featuring a brief summary of my experience reading his blog posts within my blog and encouraged him to visit my blog soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan,
    I am a student in EDM510 assigned to comment on your blog this week.
    The idea of a blank piece of paper still intimidates me! Any tips we can share on promoting creativity and expression will help educators diminish the anxiety associated with "coming up with something on your own". Twitter and hashtags are very new to me. I am learning how powerful this social media site can be in sharing information. I'm still trying to figure out everything there is to know about hashtags! It still amazes me how much more studying we have to do as teachers just to keep up with all the available technology, learn how to use it, and filter what will fit our needs in the classroom. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete