Monday, March 31, 2014

C4T #3

For my third C4T, I'll be featuring Joey Feith, a physical education teacher from Canada. In the first post I checked out, Mr. Feith post about the idea of the #PECHAT. Mr. Feith discusses how this topic became very engaging for the girls in physical education. This chat created a huge step towards bridging the gap between academics and practitioners. I informed Mr. Feith that the idea of utilizing #PECHAT is a great and useful way educators can communicate with others and share their ideas and interests.

Although I'm not planning on being a Physical Educator, this source is a helpful way to becoming an effective educator if the teacher has the willingness to learn. I believe this is an effective way to get girls engaged in Physical Education using technology. It's a positive thing that teachers has reached a point that they are thinking about to what extent they are responsible for the level of disengagement experienced by their former student. This is a wonderful sign that teachers are open to change and willing to take the necessary steps to become better. Open hearts and minds to everyone of or learners is an effective way to create a Physical Education environment. I think we must educate ourselves and learn as much as we can on an ongoing basis.
Physical Education


For my next post for C4T, I had the pleasure of selecting another blog post from Joey Feith! Mr. Feith's blog post focuses on a fun activity entitled #PEPics:2014 Edition. Mr. Feith shares a great way to engage society in a creative photo/video challenge using the hashtag #PEPics for the assigned themes for the month of April. At the end of the month, various creative individuals will be chosen from the challenge to be added to their free resource to help promote the #physed community. I responded to Mr. Feith's blog by introducing myself and letting him know that I was a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I informed Mr. Feith that this activity challenge was an interesting way to get individuals engaged in utilizing social media to their advantage to spread informative information with other people that share the same interests. I let him know that I plan on trying out the challenge that they have set for the month of April and I couldn't wait to see which selected individuals will be featured in their resource tool. I provided Mr. Feith with a link to my blog and informed him that I will be sharing my interactions with him with my fellow classmates and hopes he will visit my blog soon.
Hashtags

No comments:

Post a Comment