Monday, April 21, 2014

C4K Summary for April

C4K
C4K #9- “Island” By: Wesley a student in Miss. Ouano class

For this week I had a chance to observe Wesley's blog, he had some interesting post and the one I choose to read was his post on Island. I was so faschniated with his use of providing a visual picture to correspond with the creative thoughts he displayed about an adventure at the Island. He emphasized great details about the the different creatures that were seen in the water. Wesley provided a great importance on how certain sea creatures are dangerous to touch. I informed Wesley that I enjoyed reading his blog post, he did a great job with painting a visual picture of what was going on while at the Island. I let Wesley know that I could tell that he enjoyed doing this activity, simply by how he detailed everything in his post to help the reader feel lie they were actually on the Island. I also let Wesley know that I will be featuring his post within my blog in the near future, I informed him that he could check out my blog and to keep up the good work.

As future educators I think the engagement with the students and allowing them to express there thoughts through their blogs is a great way to create higher ordered thinking. Providing students with the use of technology and other useful sources expands the students minds to think outside of the box and let their imaginations roam freely. I will definitely encourage the use blogs with my future class, the idea of letting their work being seen be people from around the world will enhance the creativity within the student, hopefully sparkling an unknown talent.

C4K #10- ”Why is it Important to Learn how to Swim?” By: Alfa a student in Miss. Lavakula class

I had the pleasure of viewing Alfa's blog this week; I was very astonished by how creative his blog was put together! I introduced myself letting him know that I was selected to view his blog this week and how honored I was to be able to read some of his creative thoughts within this blog. I informed him that I plan on utilizing blogs with my future students, this is a helpful way for students to express their creative thoughts within their blogs for the world to see! I also informed Alfa that I was very impressed with the details he provided to his readers on the importance of learning how to swim, especially where he lives since it's surrounded by water. I told Alfa that I wasn't the best swimmer in the world but after reading his blog post I was convinced that I wanted to learn how to become a better swimmer. I told him how I loved his visual image on him and his friends in the pool. This was a great way to grab the reader's attention on how fun it is to swim. I informed Alfa that I would be featuring his blog post within my blog and hopefully he will check out my blog soon; Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment