Tuesday, April 1, 2014

C4K Summary for March

Kids' Comments


C4K #6- "Weekend Story" By: Te-Manea a student from Mrs. She 2nd grade class

For my next C4K, I got to check out Te-Manea's blog! Mrs. She had her 2nd grade students make a video using IMovie on something special they did over the weekend and use Kid Pix program to draw pictures that incorporate their stories. For my comment, I introduced myself, and let Te-Manea know that I'm a student in EDM 310, and a little about what our class is about. I told him how impressed I was with his "Weekend Story" and that his video he created was very cool. I also mentioned how being able to share information with others from around the world was an awesome way to communicate. I sent a link to my blog, just in case he wanted to check out the cool projects I've created, and I told him to keep up the good work!

C4K #7-”A Poem about Me” By: Flora a student from Mr. Barks & Mrs. Nua class

My next C4K observation was on a young courageous girl named Flora! I was able to read some amazing facts about what makes this 12 year old girl unique and different from the rest of her peers. For my comment, I introduced myself and let Flora know that I'm a student in EDM 310, I described a little about what our class is about and how we use different tools to communicate with other people from around the world that share the same interests. I told her how amazed I was with her not being scared of anything. I let her know that I haven't met many 12 year old girls that aren't afraid of anything. I also shared the same values are Flora in her poem with cherishing family and friends. I let Flora know that my family and friends keep a smile on my face. I concluded my conversation with Flora by telling her to keep up the good work!
Dream


C4K #8- 2014 Visual Mihi By: Mary a student from Ms. Squires class

For my next C4K observation, I had the chance on viewing Mary's blog post on her 2014 Visual Mihi. She utilized the tools Hyper Studio, Photo Booth and Comic Life to create this collage of things that represented her. For my response to her post, I informed Mary that she did an excellent job with creating symbols that represented her culture, nationality and the things she loves. I shared with her a little about my experience in EDM 310 and how the use of technology has expanded my knowledge on communicating with other people that share the same interests. I let her know that she did a wonderful job with making a collage from the tool Comic Life and I plan on utilizing this tool with my future students. I shared with Mary that I really enjoyed reading her post and to keep up the good work! I was fascinated to see the creative ideas students can express within the classroom utilizing technology. I plan on incorporating fun critical thinking assignments where students are able to gather the appropriate materials using technology as a source to express their interests and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment