Monday, April 21, 2014

C4T #4

For my fourth C4T, I'll be featuring Becky Goerend's blog: Live the Conversation. I'll be sharing some interesting facts and our interactions through comments.

In the first post I was able to gather some knowledgeable information about the duties of an educator. Mrs. Goerend provided a little piece of her life as an educator outside the classroom. She emphasized how the teacher is around the clock work, teachers are always working you will never know who you will run into! As teachers we have to always be on the ball just in case a surprise was to occur. For my comment, I introduced myself to Mrs. Goerend letting her know that I was currently a student in EDM 310 and majoring to become a future educator. I proceeded to inform her that I enjoyed reading her blog post. It was very fascinating! I agreed to her statement that as educators the teachers job is endless; the teacher has to continue to rather knowledgeable resources to create a higher ordered learning within the classroom. I stated how it was amazing how educators can make such an impact on students lives in and outside the classroom setting. I love how Mrs. Goerend provided a glimpse of her Saturday encounters with various students and their parents and how she handles each situation positively. She has helped me to realize that my job as a future educator is going to be fun yet also a lot of work. I am very excited about becoming an educator in the near future! I also informed Mrs. Goerend that I will be featuring some of her informative posts in my blog post and that she should check out my blog soon.
Living Connection


For my fifth C4T, I'll be featuring Becky Goerend's blog post on Thoughts on Wikipedia. In Mrs. Goerend's post she uncovers the use of Wikipedia with her students. She shares some good points on how utilizing this source can uncover the treasures of other resources that could lead to other helpful tools. Mrs. Goerends students were assigned to a social media site and asked to answer some questions about its history purpose, and use by individuals and businesses. In my response to Mrs. Goerens's post, I introduced myself being a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama and was assigned to her blog this week. I informed her that I was very thrilled to be able to read more of her posts about the use of technology. I explained how this blog post has given me a better insight on how Wikipedia can help uncover helpful tools to use for my future studies and within my future classroom. I emphasized how the use of technology can help create an positive environment for higher ordered learning. I informed her that I'll be featuring our final comments within my blog this week and I hope that she will visit my blog soon. I thanked her for providing knowledgeable information within her blog to help students to think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment